Friday, October 1, 2010

RACE TRACK CHAPLAIN - KEN CARTER

I’m Ken Carter. I have been happily married to my wife Karen coming up to 45 years. (she should get a medal for that) We have 2 boys and 1 girl long with 4 grand children and 1 greatgranddaughter. We presently live in Grand Valley ON.
I have been in the horse business for most of my life. As a teenager, I galloped thoroughbreds before school, worked alongside my father with show horses while growing up. I have trained and driven harness horses. Then I became a blacksmith at Mohawk Raceway in 1967. I had been a blacksmith for 30 years prior to entering the ministry. I came to the Lord in the early 80’s. So I have been at the track both as a believer and as a non-believer.
I have been a chaplain at Mohawk Raceway in Toronto Ontario, Canada since September of 2005. Previous to that I pastored a church in Grand Valley ON. for 10 years until Les Riggs came to Canada to begin the chaplaincy program. . I always felt there was a need for a chaplain at the track. I felt I knew the needs and problems that people in the backstretch go through. During my time as a blacksmith, once I became a believer many opportunities for ministry opened in my blacksmith shop. So when the opportunity came I considered it.
I knew that if this was my own idea it would probably fail so after much prayer and putting out a number of fleeces to make sure this was of God I accepted the opportunity.
This has been a tremendous challenge in many ways but the blessings far outweigh the difficulties. To see God transform a broken life or even just put a smile on someone’s face makes it all worthwhile.
Chaplain Ken Carter

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 331, Campbellville, Ontario L0P 1B0

Phone

Office: (905) 854-6146
Cell: (519) 942-6641

Email


No comments:

Post a Comment