Tuesday, August 30, 2011

FORGOTTEN HARVEST



New Song Church is a depot for Forgotten Harvest. It is a food rescue charity that delivers fresh produce weekly for distribution to the community. This week was several hundred pounds of tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. We invite you to come on Thursday afternoons from 3-5 p.m. and days following until Sunday 1 p.m.

Comments from recipients of fresh produce:

"Wow! Fresh tomatoes... I can't remember the last time I had any. I just cannot afford them."

"I took enough to share and distributed to 14 households. Thanks for letting me help others."

"I went home and made stuffed peppers for my family's supper. I had enough peppers that I was able to freeze the rest."

I personally have seen people eating peppers and cucumbers raw the way we eat apples. Thank you to the farmers and Forgotten Harvest for reducing poverty and increasing nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment